Sunday 4 May 2008

Who am I?

Hello all. I started writing this blog the day after our nation was hit by a strong cyclone. I wish all the families in the hard hit coastal areas and Yangon well, both in terms of how they are now, and the swift recovery of their health, property and belongings.

I believe a personal introduction is necessary to allow you to decide where the bias of my blogs and the opinions expressed within them lie. Here is a short account of me:

  • I take a neutral, objective view to the issues facing our country
  • I am neither pro- nor anti-government but I am pro-people and pro-development (I believe some people call this the "third force")
  • My aim is to promote mutual understanding between both pro- and anti- groups to work for the benefit of our people
  • I was born in Yangon
  • My family do not own any businesses in Burma/Myanmar
  • My family are professionals; there are no government or military officials of any level in my family, either by blood or by marriage
  • My family have no need to keep a close relationship with government and military officials in the line of our work
  • I return home frequently (around once every two years) to visit family, observe the state of the country and make charitable donations to needy individuals (the sick, poor, orphaned, disabled and monks)
  • I studied abroad as a student and am now working in an international company in the UK
  • I am able to speak, read and write to a medium level in "bamar" (Burmese) as I took the national exams up to the 6th standard; due to my upbringing abroad, my English is far more fluent

Feel free to leave me comments on my blog entries, but due to the strongly polarised opinions of my audience I will be moderating comments. I will not hesitate to present facts and opinions as I see them even if it ends up criticizing both parties. I understand this may alienate me from my audience, but in the tense political climate our country finds itself in, there is little value in presenting one-sided opinions which do not serve the interest of the people.

Without further ado, I will now work to get the blog regularly updated. Enjoy the blog!

No comments: